ZSN is a collaboration forum and professional network. Listed below are some guidelines on community etiquette.
- Submissions should be in the general area of energy research and policy principally with a focus on NZ but with an international development focus as well.
- Off-topic submissions (especially humour) are generally discouraged. If in doubt, stick with technical submissions.
The title of the submission should be concise and informative - it does not have to be
the same as the webpage title. This is the primary method of grabbing someone's
attention so care should be taken to make it as succinct and informative as possible.
DO NOT USE CAPS - Title Caps or a capitalised sentence are preferred.
- There are no downvotes - if you do not like a comment or submission, just move on. Ad hominem comments insulting a community member are not OK. If you disagree, frame your response in a polite but firm manner referencing where appropriate.
- It's OK to reply to a particularly useful comment or comment thread with a thank you to the community. It's also OK to upvote a thank you comment.
- This is not a forum to discuss Climate Change or Climate Change science. Policies resulting from Climate Change will have an impact on energy markets and technology development and are on-topic but the science of climate change is taken as a given.
- Use of the community is a privilege, not a right. If you are unable to play well with others, your account will be de-activated.